Saturday, February 18, 2006

Love versus Love

It’s amazing how it feels when something you start ‘loving’ is snatched from you and then, you are tethered to see that happen. What can you do if you are forced to be a mere spectator when your most ‘loved’ possession is shredded into tiny pieces in front of you? Do mind the word ‘loving/loved’ that has been used throughout the post instead of ‘liking/liked’. The verb ‘love’ is far different from the verb ‘like’. Moreover, love, the noun, is not just another feeling. In fact, it is a passion, an intense emotion, a belief and may be, much more than what those words can reveal.

Just imagine how it feels when you are tied to a firm pillar by the strongest rope ever manufactured and then a brute is on the verge of scooping out your heart by pressing his ardent sharp knife into your soft flesh without displaying any trace of mercy on his inclement face. How difficult can it be to watch into those cruel blood red eyes, mere inches away from your face, of that merciless hunter. And it can’t get worse if you come across the fact that the relentless poacher is none but the person whom you gravely ‘love’. Yes, there arrives the hapless word ‘love’ again!

One may always fall prey to such situations when he can do nothing but kill one of his ‘loves’ to salvage the other one. I know it hurts when one is asked to burn one half of his asset just because the other half envies it and ‘loves’ to be known as the only asset the concerned person owns. Is this mere possessiveness on the part of the latter or is it the inability of the former to defend itself against its ‘enemy’ that has brought it on the brink of an end-- a dead end! Does the other half of my asset, the intense one, want me to attach myself only to it? Is this its intense love that I want or do I desire the silent, may be weak care that the first half has to offer me? In fact, I don’t even know if the first half has any ‘love’, any care for me inside it. If it really has something sacred for me, why doesn’t it come out and demonstrate itself in front of the population. Can’t it be bold enough to apprize the cosmos that it values me as much as I do it? Does still water really run deep?

I am not certain about the standing of the very vocal, very outrageous half of my asset as well. It exhibits its intension of killing the other half but is it just the desire of gaining me as its sole property or the hatred against that other half that rams it to destroy the silent half?

I have to come up with a choice soon for if I stay numb for too long, it would result in certain death of mum-half of my assets and then I would never know if that dead tacit half really ‘loved’ me. I need to ask myself a question---Who is more significant- the one whom I love or the one who loves me? My inability to reach a hasty conclusion might prove fatal. Which one shall I choose???

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Good post, but some words (like inclement instead of cold, apprise instead of inform/announce/declare) seem to have been used just for the shake of vulgar display of the ammunition of vocabulary in the artillery of the author.

Abhieshek said...

It just comes with the flow while writing...I don't intend to show the so-called strength(may be, lack of it) of my vocab...I write to express and not to impress my audience

Abhieshek