Thursday, August 02, 2007

The Hitch

The stage was set. People wished to know who that guy was. Everybody was willing to get a glimpse of that charming individual. After the monologue describing all the wonderful qualities that I possess, the announcer spoke--"Ladies and gentlemen, let me take the honor of presenting in front of you, the one and only----"
A pause. The kind of pause that adds to the excitement; one that bewilders the audience. You along with the entire audience held back in anticipation of hearing that divine name. I could see fervor in your eyes and smile on your face from the backstage. I prepared myself to leave the background and allow the soothing limelight to drown me. I knew it was time for me to be spotted and eventually applauded. Amidst all this exhilaration, I heard the announcer speaking--"Oops, I forgot his name."

0 comments: